If you think that CBD is relevant in a multitude of areas in the wellness industry is an overstatement, know that it is not. CBD is important in medicine, general health, skincare, and cosmetic industries. The anti-oxidant nature of CBD has increased the liking for CBD skincare products over the years.
CBD facial scrub is an excellent way to exfoliate your skin and keep it nourished. The hydrating properties of CBD accentuate the benefits of a DIY scrub formulation it is added to. Making your own facial scrubs is fun.
Here are some DIY CBD facial scrubs you can make at home.
CBD Citrus Scrub
It is a simple scrub that can be made with ingredients that are easily available. Moreover, it is inexpensive.
- 1/2 dropper organic CBD tincture
- 1 tbsp dried citrus peels
- 1 tsp raw honey
- 1 tbsp sour cream
- 2 drops of orange essential oil
- 2 drops of sweet almond oil
- Grind the citrus peel into a gravel-like consistency.
- Add the CBD oil into the citrus peel paste.
- Allow it to rest for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, add in honey and sour cream. You may also use yogurt instead of sour cream.
- Mix all the ingredients well and massage them into your skin.
For the scrub to work well, your skin should not be too dry. Wet your face with water a little before applying the scrub. If you would like to, you can allow the scrub to sit on your face but the step is not necessary. After scrubbing, wash off the scrub and pat dry your face.
CBD citrus scrub exfoliates the dead cells and blackheads and gives a healthy glow to your face.
CBD Sugar Scrub
The scrub is excellent for exfoliating, nourishing, and hydrating your skin. The scrub makes you feel like you have just gotten out of the spa.
- ½ dropper CBD peppermint tincture
- 2 tsp of coconut oil. It may not be good for some people with pimple-prone skin. They may choose some other beauty oil that will not cause any reaction on their skin.
- 2 drops of peppermint oil or eucalyptus oil
- 3 tbsp cane sugar
- 1 tsp avocado oil
- Into a small bowl, add essential oils, avocado oil, and CBD tincture.
- Pour in the sugar and stir well.
- After the sugar and oils have blended well, add in the coconut oil and stir well.
The scrub has to be applied to your face and neck in circular motions. Massage it for one minute or keep it for 5 minutes. Rinse your face with water and pat it dry. The scrub can be applied all over your body if needed.
Chocolate CBD Facial Scrub
Chocolate is not the buddy of your sweet buds alone, it is good for your face as well. Because it is made out of cocoa, chocolate comes packed with antioxidants that are good for your skin.
- 1 dropper CBD tincture
- ¼ cup light brown powder
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp vanilla bean paste
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- Mix olive oil, CBD tincture, and vanilla bean paste with brown sugar.
- Add cocoa powder to the mix.
- The addition of cocoa powder will leave clumps of the powder in the mix. Stir the mixture well to get rid of the lumps. The scrub should finally be in the form of a thick brown paste.
Apply the scrub in small amounts on your face and neck. Massage the scrub into your skin using circular motions. Leave it on the skin for a minute and then rinse your face and pat it dry.
Dessert CBD Facial Scrub
This scrub is more like aromatherapy with its ingredients smelling like a sweet treat.
- 2 droppers of CBD vanilla tincture
- 3 drops lemon, orange, or grapefruit essential oil
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup avocado or sweet almond oil
- Add the sugar into a bowl and then add essential oil, almond/avocado oil, and CBD tincture into it.
- Allow the liquids to soak into the sugar for a few minutes.
- Stir well to combine all the ingredients.
Apply the scrub onto your face and massage it into your skin using circular motions. After all portions of the facial skin are exfoliated, rinse with warm water and pat your face dry.
The scrub can be stored in the refrigerator for about a month in an airtight container.
The essential oils in CBD facial scrubs are good for retaining the freshness of your skin and providing a little aromatherapy attributed to their hearty scents. If it is the first time you are using essential oils, we recommend you to apply it on your hands first to test it for an allergic reaction.